Thursday, June 17, 2010

See You Later

Three months ago, I embarked on a journey that scared me half to death. Making a decision in what I wanted to do in life wasn't easy, and I finally made a choice. I feared failing, I feared not making any friends, I feared spending so much money on something that I might not enjoy. The experience thus far has been nothing short of amazing.

Today was my last day of one of my classes, and it truly was very bittersweet. Now people might see there and ask why, won't you see them again next quarter. Yes and no. Over the next few months we will all go our separate ways, being in differnet programs, taking day or night classes. The bond that I have created with all these people is stronger than anything I ever could have imagined, so in saying goodbye today, it almost felt as though things wouldn't be the same once we left that room.

Gifts from the heart went extremely well and were full of emotions. I learned that I was able to touch other people's lives just as much as they have touched mine. It has been an incredible journey and I still have 9 months left.

I'm hoping that next quarter will bring just as many memories and special bonds as this first quarter has brought me. I have one more final on Monday, and then hopefully within the next two weeks I'll know my final grades.

I am proud that I finally took this step. I'm proud that I branched out and have made friends with my classmates. And hopefully today wasn't so much as saying goodbye, but more of saying see you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment