Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Gifts from the Heart

Today was my second to last day in one of my classes. It consisted of the first part of our final, along with review for the second part. I scored well, and am proud of myself for that. At the same time, I'm mad I let my nerves get the best of me, causing me to lose the points that I did. It just takes time, and is a learning experience. Hopefully next quarter, I can overcome some of these things that I missed.

We get to have a pot luck on Thursday for class, which should be really fun. I've decided to make my homemade chocolate chip cookies, that I've been told are absolutley delicious :) Along with the pot luck, we are doing something called "Gifts from the Heart." It something you give to the other classmates, whether it be an actual physical item, or just something from your heart to them, something you have learned over the quarter and feel like you want to share.

I've become inspired by a song by my favorite band: Rascal Flatts. It's called "My Wish."
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold.

I would like to write a wish for everyone in class. Just a simple wish. But I haven't decided if I want to read them aloud, or write them down and give them to everyone. But the other tricky part is writing a wish for those who I don't feel I know well enough. Or for those I act as though I get along with them, but deep down I feel no respect for them at all.

This is going to be a challange, but I'm determined to write a wish for them. And a wish for my teacher and T.A. as well. I think it will be a good idea, and hopefully my classmates will enjoy it and appreciate it.

Today was a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Why don't you make them a CD with the song on it? And then you can write a little note on there about how your wish for them is for them to make a wish for themselves =)

    ReplyDelete