Sunday, September 26, 2010

Finding the Good within the Bad

I've always heard you need to find the silver lining in every situation, and this weekend I did just that.

My posts tend to have a common trend, friendship.

I don't take friendship lightly. I always try my best to be the best friend I can be to those I care about. Friendship is somethig I've struggled with in my 21 years of life, and I think that's why I spend a lot of time thinking about it.

I have a few friends who I've began socializing with as they are friends with my husband. And lately I've been going back and forth in my mind as to are these my friends? or do they just associate with me because of my husband?

Last night that question was answered. I experienced something I never had last night, and was probably at one of the lowest points I have ever experienced, and I had an amazing group of people there to help me through it.

These people that I've been questioning the friendship, did things for me that before I never thought would ever happen. Provided me with love and support, protected me, carried me, and held me. Words were said to bring laughter through my tears, and stories were told to make me feel better about the situation. Despite the embarrassment I feel from that night, none of them judged me for it. They were there for me, and continued to be through today.

I can truly say these people are my friends. And they've seen me at one of my worsts, and they handled it, so they truly deserve me at my best.

I'm extremely grateful and will never take any of them for granted. I'm truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment